Probate and Trust Administration

Lincoln & Lauer, PLLC

What do you need, when and why?

When someone passes away, there are many things that need to be done to wrap up their financial affairs. What needs to be done will depend, in part, on whether they had a trust or Will, and how their assets were titled. If they had substantial assets in their name alone, a probate may be necessary. If they had a trust, it may be possible to avoid probate. One way or the other, however, it will be necessary to wrap up their financial affairs in a probate or trust administration. We can advise you what is necessary, and what the cost may be. We can help you do whatever is necessary.


You may want to read our articles on probate. Just click on “Articles” at the top right of any page of this website.

Lincoln & Lauer, PLLC

If you have been named as a personal representative (executor) or a Trustee, you need an attorney to assist you to fulfill your obligations. The attorney’s fees will normally be payable from the probate or trust estate, so you will, in effect, only pay the fees to the extent of your percentage share of the estate.

Call (602) 955-9555 to schedule your appointment to work through the process.

Bring these items to our meeting:


  • The death certificate if you have it
  • The Will, trust, and any other estate planning documents
  • Deeds
  • The most recent bank and other financial account statements
  • A list of any stocks and bonds not in the financial statements
  • The beneficiary designations for life insurance and IRAs

Who: A list of names, addresses, and telephone numbers for:

  • The family
  • The beneficiaries
  • Anyone who was left out
  • Whoever is named as a personal representative or Trustee

What: A list of the assets including

  • Names on the assets
  • Values

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Visit us at our convenient ground floor office or we can come to you. We offer in-home, hospital/nursing home visits and phone consultations. We make it easy for you.